Sunday, 1 September 2013

Nexus 7 (2013) - potential development

So I decided to buy a Nexus 7 (2013) model when it came out in the UK, after having no Android devices since I spat my dummy out and gave up development about 10 months or so ago.

First thing I've noticed with it is that there are some odd latency issues now and again, and I bet it's related to hotplugging/mpdecision/msm_rq_stats et al. Wouldn't it be great to dump all that shit completely and just use the core C states?

So, I'm gonna dig into it and see what I can do with it, once I've set up a development system and have reminded myself how to build Android kernels.


3 comments:

  1. Good for you man! Liked the simplicity of your ARM hotplugger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really want to see your developement for new devices, your kernel is the only kernel for my old nexus s that i can see the difference in performance

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thalamus, did you continue with this project? I know you were harassed a lot by the XDA crowd, but it would be awesome to play with some of your work on flo (or deb), or even read posts on your thoughts about the device's kernel implementation if you'd rather avoid distributing code or zips. I really admired your work on the Nexus S and your contributions helped me get a better understanding of the Android platform and my phone when was a novice user.

    ReplyDelete